Very often, not to say always, time passes by doing unimportant things, rather than doing other things, such as visiting places in this beautiful country. That’s why I’m doing this list to consider what I have visited and what I’m missing to visit.
So, this post will be a guide for me to know places and do things almost mandatory by being here like activities, also, I’ll put the links to the posts that mention them or photos of that location and/or activity. Also, if there are other places that you would recommend me, I would greatly appreciate for you to tell me in a comment. Since I do not want to go from here without visiting what I mostly can from Japan.
A site that has helped me a lot to know tourist places of Japan is Viator to give me ideas and even I have separated very good packages with hotel, fast train or shinkansen and entrance to the place to visit. If you are interested, visit the following link: Exclusive tours to Japan.
Region to the north of the country with the prefecture of the same name and its capital is Sapporo.
- Donburi Yokocho
- Shitoi Koiribito Park
- Lake Toya
- Usuzan Ropeway
Region composed of the prefectures of Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa and Tokyo.
- Space Invaders Exhibit: 40 years of fun with ‘Space Invaders’
- Sailor Moon Exhibit: I went to the Exhibition of Sailor Moon in Roppongi Hills
- Official Store of Sailor Moon: Sailor Moon Official Store in Harajuku
- Snoopy Museum Tokyo
- Mount Takao: The closest mountain to Tokyo: Mount Takao
- Tokyo Tower: Finally, I arrived to Japan and I don’t know how many times I’ve been to Tokyo Tower
- Spider in Roppongi Hills: Finally, I arrived to Japan
- The Great Buddha in Kamakura: Kōtoku-in or the Great Buddha in Kamakura
- Shibuya Crossing/Shibuya 109
- Statue of Hachiko
- Photo by Purikura
- Kiki and Lala Café
- Takeshita Dori
- Meiji Shrine
- Kawaii Monster Cafe
- Kiddy Land
- Maison de Jullieta li>
- Maid Cafe: Is it a must to visit a ‘Maids’ Café while being in Japan?
- Don Quixote
- Gundam Cafe
- AKB48 Cafe and Shop
- Tokyo Anime Center
- Kanda Myojin Shrine
- Cospa Gee!
- Gyoen National Garden
- Robot Restaurant
- Hanazono Jinja Shrine
- Bunka Gakuen Costume Museum
- Shin-Okubo: Shin-Okubo: Korean Town in Tokyo
- Alice Fantasy Restaurant
- Meguro River: Why are sakura or cherry blossoms so important in Japan?
- Ueno Zoo: Endangered species protected in Ueno Zoo
- Ueno Park: Why are sakura or cherry blossoms so important in Japan?
- Mega Tokyo Pokémon Center: Fans of Pokemon Go, you must go to Pokemon Center
- Shinagawa Aquatic Park: Visit to the Water Park in Shinagawa
- Cafe Hammock Tribe
- Darwin Room
- Cateriam Cat Cafe
- Rabbit Cafe
- Disneyland or Disney Sea
- Chiba Marine Stadium
- Little Edo Kawagoe
- Koedo Kawagoe Festival
- Hikawa Shrine in Omiya
- Omiya Bonsai Museum
- Yasukuni Shrine: Mitama Matsuri in Yasukuni Shrine
- Tokyo Game Show: I attended the Tokyo Game Show 2017
- Yokohama Cosmo World: First and last Roller Coaster: Yokohama Cosmo World
Region composed of the prefectures of Aichi, Fukui, Gifu, Ishikawa, Nagano, Niigata, Shizuoka, Toyama, Yamanashi and Mie.
- Fuji-Q Highland: Fuji-Q Highland Park: World of Evangelion
- Mt. Fuji: A beautiful view of Mount Fuji from Fujiyoshida
- Nagoya Castle
- Port / Public Aquarium
- Science Museum
- Higashi Yama Zoo and Botanical Garden
- Tsuruma Park
- Osu Kannon
- Oasis 21
- House of Satsuki and Mei
- Nana-chan ningyo
- Yamazaki River
Region composed of the prefectures of Nara, Wakayama, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyōgo and Shiga.
- Cats Cafe: It was time to visit a Cat Café in Kyoto
- Original Nintendo building: Visit the old Nintendo’s HQ in Kyoto
- Current Nintendo offices: Visit the current Nintendo’s HQ in Kyoto
- Floating Garden Observatory
- Titans in Universal Studio
- Osaka Castle
- Harry Potter World
- Gion / Geishas
- Imperial Palace
- Kiyomizu Dera
- Arashiyama Forest
- Manga Museum
- Namco Wonder Tower
- Fushimi Inari Taisha
- Nanny Cat Cafe
- Kobe Kitano Museum
- Mt. Rokko
Region composed of Kagoshima, Kumamoto, Miyazaki, Nagasaki, Ōita, Okinawa, Saga, and Fukuoka.
- Shuri Castle
- Kokusai Street
- Cape Manzamo
I think the list is a little bit long and I do not know if I’ll be able to do everything but it will be one of my goals to accomplish them whilst living in this beautiful country, where there is always something to do and see. I remind you that if there’s somewhere I need to see that is missing from this list, I appreciate for you to tell me in the comments so I can add it. So, what do you think? Will I be able to make it?
Where can I stay in Japan?
Questions: Have you visited any of these places? Which was your favorite? Which of these places is the first one you would go to in Japan?